These chocolate puffed wheat squares are a throwback to what my Gramma used to make.
Chocolate Puffed Wheat Squares
Yield 15 Squares
Delicious puffed wheat squares right from Gramma's Kitchen!
- 10 Cups - Puffed Wheat
- 1 Cup - Honey
- 1 Cup - Sugar
- 1 lbs - Butter
- 4 Tbsp - Cocoa Powder
- 1 Tsp - Vanilla
- 1 Cup - Unsalted Crushed Peanuts (optional)
- Add honey, sugar, butter and cocoa powder to a pot and bring to a boil.
- Add vanilla to the pot after the boiling.
- Put the puffed wheat into a large bowl.
- Slowly pour the chocolate mixture over the puffed wheat and mix thoroughly.
- Grease the 9x13" pan with butter or spray.
- Pour the chocolate puffed wheat into a 9x13" square pan and press well.
- Refrigerate until firm then cut into squares.
You are able to use either a metal pan or a glass dish. I tend to prefer the glass dish as I am able to cut the squares in the dish and not have to worry about scratching the metal pan. If you use a metal pan I would suggest taking the whole batch out of the pan and cutting it on a cutting board to prevent scratching your metal pan.
Serving Size 1 Square
Amount Per Serving
% Daily Value
Total Fat 25.43 g
Saturated Fat 12 g
Sodium 244 mg
Total Carbohydrates 87.86 g
Dietary Fiber 10.8 g
Sugars 20.73 g
Protein 17.21 g
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.